“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.”
― Carl Sagan
Our Website is a CELEBRATION of Southern California aerospace history
- A local community organization (501c3) from Downey, California; since 1995, dedicated to preserving Southern California's aerospace history and the establishment of an aerospace learning center in Downey (2008).
- Control a large collection of artifacts, photos and assets related to the former Downey NASA Industrial Site (Formerly Boeing and Rockwell International).
- Affiliated with Financial Partners Credit Union, Downey Historical Society, Downey Coordinating Council and North American Aviation Bald Eagles.
- Onsite for 10 years after the closing of the former Boeing plant which became Downey Studios and now the Promenade of Downey. The first plant building was built in 1929 and a portion of that building sits empty at 12214 Lakewood in Downey.
- Sponsors of "Pioneers in Aviation, the Race to the Moon", a PBS production and future E-Book. We sponsor and participate in events related to aviation and aerospace and frequently speak on panels for such events.
- Speaker's Bureau a resource for educators.
- Images and archival material related to early aviation and aerospace programs from the Southern California area.
- Website is an educational bonanza on Southern California's aerospace history.
- Retiree base of local aerospace workers give us a special knowledge of Southern California aerospace history and the nation's story of landing a man on the Moon and the creation, fabrication and assembly of the Space Shuttle orbiter.
- Involved in an on-going partnership to record and save Oral Histories of our former aerospace employees.
- Advocating for the establishment of a Visitor Center Archive at the former Emsco Building, Vultee Rotunda or historic Kaufmann Wing as stated here.
- Supporting the Columbia Memorial Space Center and collaborating with the center on projects supporting Downey's aerospace history and it's exciting educational outreach (STEM).